Today 20 April 2020 is the day to now start processing your claims for Furlough workers. The government pay scheme to keep staff on the payroll despite not working due to coronavirus has gone live.
If you cannot maintain your current workforce because your operations have been severely affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), you can furlough employees and apply for a grant that covers 80% of their usual monthly wage costs, up to £2,500 a month, plus the associated Employer National Insurance contributions and pension contributions (up to the level of the minimum automatic enrolment employer pension contribution) on that subsidised furlough pay.
This is a temporary scheme in place for 4 months starting from 1 March 2020, but it may be extended if necessary and employers can use this scheme anytime during this period. It is designed to help employers whose operations have been severely affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) to retain their employees and protect the UK economy. However, all employers are eligible to claim under the scheme and the government recognises different businesses will face different impacts from coronavirus.
How we can help
Please contact Alan Patient & Co to find out more details and information especially if you are not sure about the following:-
- If you made employees redundant or they stopped working for you after 28 February
- If your employees are working reduced hours
- If your employee is on unpaid leave
- If your employee is self-isolating or on sick leave
- If your employee becomes sick while furloughed
- Shielding Employees
- If your employee has more than one job
- If your employee is on a fixed term contract
I am sure you have many more questions. Please contact us on https://alanpatient.com/