Are you ready for the challenge of being Operations Manager in a busy local Accounting firm? In this role you’ll be developing the practice systems and managing the team of Accountants.
This is a permanent, full time role, based in South Woodford (East London).
The main responsibilities are:
• Developing the practice through digitisation and automation
• Managing the Operations team including reviewing partnership and limited company accounts, supporting and developing the team and managing the day to day workflow.
We are a small thriving practice with 10 staff and you will be a member of the leadership team reporting directly to the firm’s owner.
You will be ACCA or ACA qualified
Our core values
As a successful candidate you share our core values
• Well organised and consistent
• Do the right thing
• Positive attitude and have fun
Hours and holiday
7.5 hours per day Monday to Friday (total 37.5 hours per week)
22.5 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
Duties and responsibilities
• Focusing on development of the practice through digitisation and automation (25%).
• Reviewing partnership and limited company accounts to an exceptional standard (25%).
• Preparing limited company accounts for groups of companies as well as the largest clients and attending at clients’ premises as required (10%).
• Assisting in planning and overseeing fieldwork and finishing of audit assignments (5%).
• Reviewing VAT returns (5%).
• Assisting with staff queries and issues (5%).
• Dealing with clients’ queries (5%).
• Overseeing accounting staff (5%).
• Assisting in training staff (5%).
• Assisting the firms Principal and Practice Manger with networking (5%).
• Leadership Team responsibilities (5%).
• You will have worked in UK public practice for a minimum of 4 years.
• You will have worked in small or medium sized practices for a minimum of 3 years.
• You will have used IRIS Accountancy Practice Suite for a minimum of 2 years.
• You will have post qualification experience of at least 2 years.
• You will have experience of supervising and teaching other members of staff.
Job Related Knowledge Aptitude And Skills
Aside from being able to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the role you will have: –
• Exceptional written and spoken English
• Exemplary written, verbal and face to face communication skills and the ability to listen
• Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Xero
• Ability to play an active part in the development of the practice
• Have the ability to use your own initiative to resolve issues while demonstrating good judgement of when to seek clarification from superiors
• Ability to achieve quarterly performance targets
The closing date of this position has been extended to 28 August 2019, we are only looking for the very best candidates – is that you?
Role: Head of Operations
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: East London, London, England
Apply for this job now