Our Specialist Academy School Services
We offer a wide range of services but primarily we could be your virtual Chief Financial Officer supporting the finance function. This is done in the following ways:-
- Due diligence – most important when schools are looking to join multi academy trusts to ensure there are no nasty surprises after joining.
- Pre conversion support – there are a number of new reporting requirements and challenges for schools when becoming an academy. There are tight deadlines after becoming an academy, and we look to provide the school with the right level of support to ensure they have the right tools to deal with the issues that arise whilst meeting deadlines.
- Post conversion support – those academies that have recently converted (or even those who did so a while ago) may find they are lacking the specific skills needed to adhere to the new requirements of being an academy. We can help to boost the finance function of schools through support, training and assistance on how best to run this function.
- Advice on accounting software – through preferred established suppliers we are able to provide support and guidance on how best to run your finance function using the software solutions appropriate for you.
- Advice on tendering – many academies struggle with this and we can help outline systems and controls to ensure that the tendering process runs smoothly ensuring that value for money is achieved.
"Alan Patient & Co assisted us through a period of change. They have helped update our financial controls, advised on and implemented new accounting software and aided us in maintaining budgetary controls to help us grow from 900 going up to 1,500 pupils. I used to find monthly budgetary meetings daunting, feeling that I was being talked to in another language." [Read more...]
Mr Seager, Stratford School Academy
How we work
We have a team of five consultants available including one of our partners and a senior manager dedicated to this sector, who would be able to come to your premises and assist right away. We will outline the work we do, and give you a clear estimate on how long it will take and agree the price up front with you.
What Clients say about us.
We converted in June 2017 and formed a Multi Academy Trust. The process had been challenging, devoting as much time as possible to getting the Trust going to ensure a smooth transition. We knew we needed assistance with the required reporting and financial accounting elements of being an Academy; and Alan Patient were incredibly supportive with this process and ensured we met the strict deadlines, they were also able to provide good advice and support with Trustee meetings and Annual Audit requirements. Any school about to convert to an Academy [Read more...]
Mrs Bingham, Britannia Education Trust
Converting two schools into a new Multi Academy Trust we knew that we were going to need all of our finance staff to be at the top of their game. Ensuring that we were suitably prepared to take on new converter schools in the near future was a priority. Having experts on your side [Read more...]
Mrs Edge, Agate Momentum Trust
Recommended suppliers for Schools and Academies
These companies specialise in Schools and Academies and we are happy to recommend them.
They are a family run fire protection company working in London and Home Counties ensuring Businesses and Academy Schools are safe and compliant for their fire safety requirement.
Taylor Associates provide Schools and Academies with audit services, they have a team of experienced staff giving a great service. Taylor Associates are registered auditors based in Finchley London.
The Cleaning Company
The Cleaning Company has been providing outstanding commercial cleaning for over ten years across and around London. We understand the impact that a clean, safe cleaning service of the highest standard has on a business because of the reflection this has on your brand reputation and performance.